Safety Features in the Chevy Traverse
Why is the Chevy Traverse one of the most popular midsize SUVs, especially among families? For one thing, it can accommodate up to eight people and it comes with the latest tech features, like smartphone connectivity and a Wi-Fi hot spot.
Plus, the Chevy Traverse is loaded with advanced safety systems, including the following.
- Lane Departure Warning: To avoid catastrophe, your vehicle will send you an alert if you inadvertently drift out of your lane.
- Lane Keep Assist: This feature will help get you back in your own lane if you don’t heed its warnings quickly enough.
- Forward Collision Warning with Pedestrian Detection: Your Chevy Traverse will monitor the road ahead for cars and pedestrians. If a possible collision is detected, you’ll get a warning.
- Forward Automatic Emergency Braking: Your car can apply the brakes by itself and even bring you to a complete stop to avoid a collision.
- Rear-Seat Alert: Just the thought of leaving a sleeping child in a car is enough to frighten a parent. This feature will let you know if you have left any precious cargo behind.
- Automatic High-Beam Headlights: You won’t have to worry about fiddling with your lights when there is oncoming traffic. Your Chevy Traverse will turn off the high beams and then turn them back on when appropriate.
- Teen Driver System: Parents of young drivers will love this system. It lets you put restrictions on how loud the stereo can get and how fast young drivers can drive. It can also monitor driving habits.
Want a firsthand demonstration of how many of these safety features work? Come down to Patriot Chevy Warminster and take the Chevy Traverse out for a test drive.