Chevrolet Service Checklist: What You Need and When
Our Chevrolet service center wants to make it easy for you to know what maintenance your car needs. This checklist goes over the key tasks and when to get them:
Every 2-3 Months
- Fluid Top-Off – You should check your fluids frequently to make sure they are at the right levels.
- Tire Pressure Check – Because air pressure in the tires can fluctuate based on the temperature, this also needs to be gauged often. Keeping it at the right level helps improve your fuel economy.
Every 6 Months
- Oil Change – While you can focus on mileage, regardless of how much you drive, your oil should be changed about every six months. This guarantees that you always have clean oil flowing through your engine.
- Tire Rotation – Getting your tires rotated twice every six months is also a smart idea for a number of reasons. It increases their lifespan and also boosts their performance.
- Brake Inspection – Your braking system puts in a lot of work every day, which is why it should be closely examined at least on a yearly basis.
- Battery Test – Batteries don’t have a very long life – generally it tops out at about six –years, so it’s important to know how much charge it has left.
Every 5-6 Years
- Tire Replacement – A new set of tires should last you around 50,000 miles if you rotate them regularly. So, this means once they’ve reached five or six years, they are probably nearing the end of their life and should be replaced.
No matter what you need for your vehicle, you’ll get quality work from the service center at Patriot Chevy of Warminster. Contact us to schedule an appointment.